A fragrant strawberry soup flavoured with basil. Recipe by the famous Dutch chef Cas Spijkers.
- 500 g strawberries
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper (3 twists)
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- 4 crunchy almond biscuits
- Rinse the strawberries without removing their crowns. Drain well. Keep 12 apart for decorating the plates;
- Remove the crowns and halve the largest strawberries;
- Mix the strawberries with the sugar, balsamic vinegar and basil in a blender. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Divide the (well cooled) strawberry soup among 4 soup plates;
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice-cream at the centre and surround with three strawberries. Decorate with a sprig of mint and a crunchy biscuit.
Elianny strawberries have a delicious sweet flavour with a refreshing touch of tartness. The strawberries are nice and big, glossy red and can be kept for a long time. More information on Elianny strawberries »
Your own recipe
Do you have a delicious recipe that youíd like to share with us? Please send it to us!